Statewide Vaccine Status
Who’s Getting Vaccinated: Provides a timeline of who can get the vaccine and when here
Vaccine Data: Provides a summary of who’s getting vaccinated, race/ethnicity, distribution, vaccines administered and provider goals here
Vaccine Distribution and Administration: Provides information about how the vaccine gets from the federal government, into an arm and reported back to the State of Minnesota here
Visit the Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccinations Dashboard for more information.
How to Get the Vaccine
Direct Scheduling for State Vaccination Sites
Minnesotans can use the Vaccine Connector to directly schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments at the state’s Community Vaccination Program locations around the state. If appointments are full, residents can also sign up to be in formed when they are able to book a Community Vaccination Program appointment and be notified about other vaccination opportunities near them.
Current Community Vaccination Program locations: St. Paul, Bloomington, Oakdale, Mankato, Duluth, Rochester, Lino Lake, and St. Cloud.
How to make an appointment:
- Make an appointment through the Vaccine Connector at one of the state’s COVID-19 Community Vaccination Program locations.
- Or call the hotline (833)431-2053, 9 am – 7 pm Monday – Friday, and 10 am – 6 pm Saturday
- Use the state’s Vaccine Finder Map to find the closest vaccine provider.
- Contact their primary health care provider or a local pharmacy.
- Employers may also reach out with information about vaccination opportunities.
Minnesota State Fairgrounds
6/7/2021 Update: This site will run until Tuesday, June 8, 12 noon – 8 pm
5/14/21 Update: As of 5/5/2021, the State Fairgrounds has begun administering only second-dose, follow up appointments through May 25, 2021. During this time, the site will not be open for new appointments/walk-ins until around May 19, 2021, when appointments open for the final two weeks of Johnson & Johnson, single-dose shots. These final two weeks of Johnson & Johnson shots will take place from May 26 – June 8. Until the Johnson & Johnson appointments open, residents can make first-dose appointments on the Vaccine Connector. Every registrant will get a free Metro Transit pass in their confirmation materials. The site is now open and going 7 days a week.
A federally supported Community Vaccination Program location at the State Fairgrounds specifically serves residents of socially vulnerable zip codes in and around Minneapolis and St. Paul. The State Fairgrounds accepts direct appointment scheduling online and walk-ins. Anyone age 16+ is eligible.
To schedule a vaccination at the State Fairgrounds site:
- Click here to schedule an appointment
- Or call (833) 431-2053, 9 am – 7 pm Monday – Friday, and 10 am – 6 pm Saturday
NOTE: There is no requirement to show government ID either during registration or at the site, and the vaccine is free and health insurance is not required.
Hennepin County COVID-19 Vaccination Registration
Hennepin County has launched a new vaccine registration system. Individuals do not need to be a Hennepin County resident to register. Once signed up, individuals will be contacted when they have met eligibility guidelines and vaccine supply is available. Registering for Hennepin County’s vaccine program does not make individuals ineligible to sign up for other vaccine tools, including Minnesota’s Vaccine Connector. Click here to register for the Hennepin County Vaccination program.
Hennepin County Launches COVID-19 Navigator Line
Anyone with language or technology barriers can get their COVID-19 vaccine questions answered and sign up for a vaccine appointment. Call the Hennepin County COVID-19 Navigator Line at (612)348-8900. Help is available in English, Spanish, Somali, and Hmong.
Major Health Care Systems Vaccine Provider Status
Health care providers are still asking that patients do not call them directly to ask about COVID-19 vaccines, as they want phone lines available for other patients seeking treatment. Website links are listed below to each health care system’s website where they provide the latest information on their status of providing the vaccine and how to get an appointment:
Minneapolis COVID-19 Vaccine Information
A web tool is now available to help Minneapolis residents find information in multiple languages on the current status of the vaccination rollout, what to expect when getting the vaccine, and the safety of getting a vaccine. The new web tool includes:
- Up-to-date status of the phased vaccination rollout including which groups of people are being vaccinated now and which groups are next
- Detailed information about:
- COVID-19 vaccines available
- Safety of receiving the vaccine
- What individuals need to know before, during and after a vaccine appointment
- An acknowledgement of past trauma for those who have experienced discrimination in medicine and vaccinations. This web tool is one effort in the City’s commitment to ensure equity, justice and transparency in distributing the vaccinations.
- A form for community organizations and other groups to request a Minneapolis Health Department speaker to address common vaccine questions and concerns. The form is in 4 languages.
Mobile Vaccination Unit Program
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota (BCBS), Metro Transit, and Minnesota Department of Transportation are partnering to bring mobile vaccination clinics to communities throughout the state of Minnesota.
Mobile vaccination buses are not intended for mass vaccination events. Each bus is prepared to vaccinate around 100 people each day, depending on travel time. The mobile units will be able to hold vaccination events across the state. The first buses will deploy on April 19, 2021, and will continue to operate Monday- Thursday throughout the summer. Community outreach teams will work with trusted community partners to reach out to the community and register people for an appointment prior to the vaccination event.
Communities can request a mobile vaccination unit through the following link: https://redcap-vac.web.health.state.mn.us/redcap/surveys/?s=XYWXWHE3EF
Questions? Email MobileVaccineUnits@state.mn.us